The Great Lesbian Review of Australia

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lesbiche Italiano

Ok, so I went on a big gay homosexual trip to Europe. I would like to say I came prepared in that I knew that the National Organisation for Lesbians in Italy is called Lesbiche Italiano – which I fucking love btw. Let’s put it on a t-shirt. Maybe this website would help me..

http://www.noconformgirl.com/5-vetements-lesbiens.


And Speck and I had stayed up late looking at gay club websites in Rome and trying to find ones without naked dudes. But it turns out it is harder to find your own when in unfamiliar surrounds.


Roman Holiday

Trastevere was talked up as the coolest place in Rome to people watch, and I was not disappointed. I went on a Saturday night and there was hordes of beautiful people milling in the cobblestone streets and having late dinners. The streets are so narrow you basically have to grope people to get past. Note: I do not mind this at all women.

Problem is when lezza spotting in Italy, inevitably when I thought a chick was so gay it hurt, she came complete with steak knives and a surly expression. Only Indie would dare approach such women and live to talk about it.

Trastevere is also where you can find the Lesbiche Italiano office. You can find some more lesbiche links at http://www.ellexelle.com/. Yeah, you gotta translate the page.


Under the Tuscan Sun

Tuscany was quiet, more tourists than hot Italian women. But the stunning beauty of the olive groves, the vineyards, the green hills and poppies in bloom made up for the lack of other visual cues. Although Valentina at the Barberino Pizzeria near the church was friendly and spoke English in a very cute way. See above, the friendly ones are straaaaaaaight…


Lake George Clooney

Again, a bit of a tourist mecca but Francesca at the Bellagio Internet café (fyi not her real name, but the hot ones were either Valentina or Francesca) made the best café latte we had in Italy. Mmm.. grazie. Also good to go for appertivo between 6 and 9pm and have a drink and leer at the locals.


One night in Paris

The beautiful City of Light. I had resorted to the Lonely Planet for the gay and lesbian venues and was off to Marais for the day wearing my best non-touristy look. I skulked past the lesbian owned ‘Little Café’. I was given a cursory glance by one myopic oldgal... maybe it wasn’t such a good day for lesbian spotting. Got to a little plaza where I sat staring into space for a while until I realised I was surrounded by beautiful women. Lots of them. All blazers, tailored pants, carefree expressions and perkiness. Lesbian Gold! I had a grand time. The Parisienne must be the most classicly best dressed women anywhere.


I also spotted a boi couple walking hand in hand and kissing. KISSING! and not just a double cheek peck either. That may not be big news, but seeing lesbians show public displays of affection is too rare. More, more, more. More.


Also check out the 3W café. It means “woman with woman” and boys are allowed if accompanied by a girl. http://www.3wkafe.com/. If you get desperate, there are some tiny photos of French chicks you can look at.....

Knew you would.

Also check out http://www.paris-gay.com/communs/pages-me-pratique-la-gb.html for more links.


London calling

At the end of a month of travelling, I was more interested in the women back home than the local chicks. Sorry, epic failure on the fags from the mother country… I’m sure they exist but they weren’t hanging on the big red tourist bus waiting for me.


Aussie Aussie Aussie

Came back to a whole horde of up for it hot women in Oz :P. I love home….

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea about those t-shirts. Want. One. Now.
    --Indie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see the trash cat range Indie? the chick has mad tattoos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete